We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Cats are generally very good at keeping up their appearances. If a cat isn’t cleaning or grooming themselves it is can be a cause for concern especially if their habits have changed. Cats with arthritis or that are overweight may no longer be able to clean themselves properly and therefore may require help until they are treated.
Although we generally do not groom cats, there are some circumstances that we may need to. We do offer sedation to those cats that are hard to handle. We also do provide a loyalty card for nail trims. Nail trims are done with our technicians and are offered as a complimentary service with the yearly examination/vaccines.
What is clinic booking and cancellation policy?
Generally speaking we can usually book within 72 hours. While we don’t have a cancellation fee, we do ask that you call if you can’t make it. Things happen, we get it.
Do you offer spa packages?
We don’t however, please call us, we may be able to direct you to one.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 905-664-4888. We will bring your pet into the hospital for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet to your car and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. However, if you're unsure whether your pet needs medical attention, please call us to discuss your situation.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8 am - 4 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Briarwood Animal Hospital