With Easter around the corner, we see the increase of plants coming into our homes and we may be unaware of the toxicity they bring. The following are flowers you may want to think twice about before bringing into your pet’s space:
- Lilies (many varieties) are highly poisonous to cats
- Tulip/Narcissus Bulbs
- English Ivy
Symptoms to look out for are:
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty walking or balancing
If you think that your animal is ill or may have ingested a poisonous substance, it is important to reach out to a Veterinarian right away.
Please reach out to us or, if we happen to be closed, please contact a local veterinary emergency hospital.
Written by: Briarwood Animal Hospital